UK TRADE & INVESTMENT SOUTH KOREA MARTINE INDUSTRY SECONDMENT
Tue, 19 July 2016
UK Trade & Investment is seeking to appoint a Marine business development expert from UK industry to assist the UKTI marine team in Seoul to stimulate export opportunities and deliver targeted support to UK companies who wish to engage with the market.
The successful candidate will work closely with UKTI Seoul, Embassy staff, the wider UKTI network and UKTI Marketing and Event teams to:
· Identify, analyse and prioritise export opportunities for UK companies with South Korean buyers, owners, builders and operators of target vessels types.
· Drive the development of a formal supply chain initiative and closely engage key Korean ship builders, owners and operators to identify their supply chain requirements and map their procurement processes.
· Build awareness of the UK marine offer with key decision makers.
· Work with UK Export Finance to open communication with South Korean yards.
· Host and help to organise events (which may include exhibitions, trade missions and seminars).
· Develop a programme of tactical initiatives and practical support over the next five years to increase the market share of the UK in the South Korean market.
Once in the UK, the candidate will work with key stakeholders and partners – including trade associations and the UKTI regional network to build awareness of the opportunities among the UK supply base and educate our customers about the complex route to market – i.e. the multi-national collaborative nature of some of the yards - via a series of seminars, briefings and webinars.
The successful candidate will be based in the British Embassy in Seoul and travel throughout the country may be required.
The duration of the appointment will be five months – four months in market with an additional month in the UK. All in-country living expenses will be covered by UKTI. The candidate’s employer will continue to cover salary costs as well as the cost of any relevant insurance.
The successful applicant should have excellent analytical and communications skills and a solid background in marine engineering, manufacturing or a related discipline.
It is proposed that the candidate would be in-market sometime during August 2016.
Expressions of interest should be sent to email@example.com