Manufacturer Stretches Out
Fri, 09 March 2012
Seaway Powell Marine Ltd is just a year old yet builds on over thirty years of experience and expertise. Peter Powell, a guru of superyacht deck equipment, sold the business and assets of Seaway Powell (IMH) Ltd in late 2010. Peter is still very much a part of the new business operation consisting of a group of growing, innovative marine businesses with production facilities in Britain, Australia and America.
In 12 short months Seaway Powell has made dramatic progress. Some of the highlights are:
• Expanded sales by over 50% and secured new orders well into 2012
• More than doubled the workforce with further vacancies for design engineers, fitters and apprentices
• Introduced new product lines including a light weight captive winch
• Provided capstans to a number of critical service organizations and the Port of London Authority
• Expanded in house test facilities and production capabilities
• Introduced Hypac products to manufacture in Great Britain and to sell both here and abroad
• Won new export contracts including equipment for the refurbishment of Bluenose II a classic schooner maintained by the Province of Nova Scotia
• Achieved preferred marine equipment supplier status to Tier I defence contractor
Seaway Powell Marine Ltd is also pleased to announce that Remco Zeevaarder is now representing us in relation to marine equipment and hydraulic systems within the yacht and super yacht sectors. Remco’s role will be to establish new customer relationships and to support our current customers. Remco brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to our rapidly developing company. Based in Holland, he can be contacted on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +316 4849 7024.
So what of 2012? We are bidding some major contracts, both domestic and export. We plan to almost treble our sales in 2012. In support of our plans for growth, we are participating in the United Kingdom Trade and Investment Passport to Export scheme which will open new doors for our products and services. We have just achieved orders from customers in both Australia and Canada. We are planning to increase our exhibition presence, both the size of the stands and the number we attend. Our engineers are busy on existing projects and new products. We are expanding our facility and investing in greater capacity. Service work is another area where we anticipate building on a firm start to increase substantially what we can offer. Finally we will be starting an apprenticeship scheme. This will be on a small scale but we very much plan it to increase over the next few years as we continue to grow and develop. We will be at the Sea Works show in Southampton and the Marine Equipment Trade Show in Amsterdam – we will be delighted to see you.
So Seaway Powell Marine is busy stretching out and proud to continue to fly the flag for British manufacturing. Our website is www.seawaypowell.com or call 0044 (0)1747 858585